Title: 2nd Shift Lead Machinist
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
A Lead Machinist operates computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools, such as lathes and milling machines, to cut and produce precision parts for machines, instruments, and tools.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Operate CNC lathes and Mills, as directed
- Perform tooling and work offsets, tool changes
- Complete in-process inspection documents
- Communicate problems on a timely basis and participate with solutions
- Offer suggestions on improving efficiencies
- Maintain or improve upon acceptable scrap levels
- Perform First Article inspections for your work and your peers as needed
- Deburr parts and package them
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and throughout the shop
- Troubleshoot machine problems, as needed
- Train 2nd shift machinists as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Vocational school or apprenticeship preferred
- Mazak & Haas lathes experience required
- At least 5 years CNC Mazak & Haas Mills and Lathes setup and operation experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilites
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Must be G and M code literate
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of tools used in Milling and Turning operations
- Ability to understand programs and basic G code programming
- Experienced using Bridgeport or Sharp style manual mills. (Preferred but not required)
- Able to design and make fixtures as well as run small lots of parts.
- Computer literate
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Able to correctly use digital and Vernier calipers, micrometers, bore gages and inspection tooling
- Able to communicate well with all levels in the organization
- Able to work independently after being given direction
- Able to complete tasks in expected time frame