Title: 2nd Shift CNC Laser Operator
Location: Prophetstown, IL
Department: Manufacturing Production
IMH is seeking a CNC Laser Operator for the 2nd shift. This is a full-time position with a 4-day workweek. We offer competitive pay and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and paid vacation.
- Determines sequence of operations by studying blueprints, specifications, and work orders.
- Prepares machine for production by positioning and securing material.
- Regulates machining by setting and adjusting controls.
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; detecting malfunctions, inspecting parts, and adjusting controls.
- Resolves production problems by altering process to meet specifications and notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Inspects products for defects, and measure products to determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
- Facilitates operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Ability to move in and between various facilities and handle exposure to inclement weather.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in warehouse environment which may experience extreme heat or cold.
*HS Diploma or GED Required