Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
IMH is seeking a full-time Human Resources Manager to oversee HR functions across our 3 companies: IMH Products, Monroe Custom Bodies, and Davis Tool and Machine. While the person in this position will have their home office in Indianapolis, they could expect up to 20% travel to our facilities in Indianapolis, Greenfield, Westfield, and Illinois. We offer competitive pay, health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401k with matching.
The HR Manager will direct and administer HR functions such as recruiting, compensation and benefits, policy creation and execution, employee relations, manager coaching, employee recordkeeping, etc. This position assists in the development and implementation of human resource strategy; helping to align the organization’s business strategy with its people strategy.
- Directs, develops, and evaluates HR processes, policies, and programs; helps to ensure alignment with the company’s strategic business goals; collaborates with leadership and adjusts HR function as necessary; handles ongoing interpretation and tracking of policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with leadership to review, assess, and provide input on organizational directives, headcount/staff levels, succession planning, etc.
- Supervises and directs recruitment activities.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Responds to employee relations issues and provides counseling to managers and employees.
- Provides advice on and approves pay decisions and increases; ensures consistency in pay rates and maintains internal equity.
- Coordinates with PEO on the employee benefit/health program.
- Partners with leadership in the administration of the performance management program- reviews and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Provides support/coaching to management on performance management.
- Oversees company training and onboarding needs.
- Leads, guides, and directs HR staff.
- Performs other HR and administrative duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, psychology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR, recruiting, or talent management, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing and directing the work of others.
- SHRM-SCP/ SHRM-CP and/or PHR / SPHR highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws, employee relations, benefits management, training and coaching methods, compensation management, performance management, recruiting, and policy administration.
- Ability to objectively coach employees through complex and emotional issues.
- Ability to lead and develop HR staff and be a team player.
- Ability to serve as a knowledgeable and trusted resource to leadership.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.