Title: Laser Operator
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
A laser operator uses a laser to cut materials for orders. This employee works a specialized schedule of 6 am to 6 pm, Friday-Sunday.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Determines sequence of operations by studying blueprints, specifications, and work orders.
- Prepares machine for production by positioning and securing material.
- Regulates machining by setting and adjusting controls.
- Maintains specifications by observing operations, detecting malfunctions, inspecting parts, and adjusting controls.
- Resolves production problems by altering process to meet specifications and notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Inspects products for defects, and measure products to determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
- Facilitates operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And/Or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Vocational school or apprenticeship preferred
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Ability to move in and between various facilities and handle exposure to inclement weather.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in warehouse environment which may experience extreme heat or cold