Title: Laser Programmer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Supervisors’ Title: Engineering Manager
Department: Manufacturing Production
The Laser Programmer will take customer generated geometry or drawings and save them into the correct file format using CAD software, utilize nesting software to generate programs for equipment, and troubleshoot specific applications as needed.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to use CAD software with knowledge of programming software.
- Interpret customer drawings and specifications, and using CAD software, create engineering drawings.
- Import files created with CAD software into the nesting software and generate files for laser programs
- Nest parts as required on sheets or blanks to maximize material utilization and production efficiency.
- Program and document revisions as required.
- Assist with design of tooling and fixtures.
- Provide input on efficiency improvements and cost versus benefit analysis of new tooling/ applications considerations.
- Maintain tooling / cutting parameter inventory list.
- Maintain program files on computer and files of set up sheets
- Work with material manager on raw sheet material inventory
Education And/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience programming laser machines preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
- 3D CAD proficiency (Solidworks or Inventor)
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Ability to move in and between various facilities and handle exposure to inclement weather.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence