Title: Machine Operator- Second Shift
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
IMH is seeking laser and press brake operators for second shift. This shift runs Mon-Thurs, 4:15pm-2:45am. We offer competitive pay and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and paid vacation. 2nd shift employees get a $3.00/hour shift premium.
Determines sequence of operations by studying blueprints, specifications, and work orders.
Regulates machining by setting and adjusting controls.
Produces parts by locating and marking reference points on workpiece with rule, compass, template, etc.; positioning or aligning workpiece against stops and guides or with die, operating equipment.
Maintains specifications by observing operations; detecting malfunctions, inspecting parts, and adjusting controls.
Resolves production problems by altering process to meet specifications and notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources when needed.
Facilitates operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Ability to move in and between various facilities and handle exposure to inclement weather.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in warehouse environment which may experience extreme heat or cold.
- HS diploma or GED required.