Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
Job Type: Full-time
IMH Fabrication is seeking a 1st shift Machinist to join our quickly growing team at our Indianapolis facility. The 2 advertised schedules are Mon-Thurs, from 6am-4:30pm and Mon-Fri, from 7am-3:30pm. We offer competitive pay and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid vacation offered.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Operate CNC lathes and Mills, as directed
- Perform tooling and work offsets, tool changes
- Complete in-process inspection documents
- Communicate problems on a timely basis and participate with solutions
- Offer suggestions on improving efficiencies
- Maintain or improve upon acceptable scrap levels
- Perform First Article inspections for your work and your peers as needed
- Deburr parts and package them
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and throughout the shop
- Troubleshoot machine problems, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- 3-5 years’ experience in CNC Mazak & Haas Mills Lathes set up and operation required.
- Must be G and M code literate
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of tools used in Milling and Turning operations
- Ability to understand programs and basic G code programming
- Experienced using Bridgeport or Sharp style manual mills. (Preferred but not required)
- Able to design and make fixtures as well as run small lots of parts.
- Computer literate
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Able to correctly use digital and Vernier calipers, micrometers, bore gages and inspection tooling
- Able to communicate well with all levels in the organization
- Able to work independently after being given direction
- Able to complete tasks in expected time frame
- Familiar with ISO-9000 quality standards
- High School diploma
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance