Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Prophetstown, IL
Department: Manufacturing Production
IMH is seeking a full time Maintenance Technician. Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, machinery and mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, and basic tools and appliances.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Repair faulty and damaged equipment units.
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Installing new production equipment.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Inspecting and assessing the functionality of production machines.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
- Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns.
- Conducting routine maintenance and safety checks.
- Communicating with the production team and maintaining a clean work area.
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience as a Maintenance Technician.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilites
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems maintenance a plus.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety standards and regulations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer and report writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment.
- Good time-management skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.