Title: Material Handler
Location: Indianapolis, IN
IMH is seeking a full time Material Handler for our busy Indianapolis, IN facility. We are a metal manufacturing company with over 60 years of experience in the industry. Our commitment to innovation has helped us to continue to grow through these challenging times for businesses. We offer competitive pay, health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401k with matching.
If you are an ambitious, motivated individual and an adaptable team player, with a keen attention to detail, we welcome your application.
- Maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product; backup truck driver requiring chauffer’s license
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Using computer for labeling, pack lists and inventory control
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to drive fork truck
- Computer skills required for labeling, printing pack lists, inventory control, etc.
- Must be comfortable driving a forklift for extended periods in a manufacturing environment. Some lifting may be required.
NOTE: The above description provides the general details considered necessary to depict the principal functions of the position. This position description should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the job.