Title: Plant Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Plant Manager for IMH Products will play a crucial role in optimizing the efficiency of our metal fabrication facility. Reporting to the President of our company, this position involves coordinating and managing departmental leaders in Quality and Engineering, Shipping and Receiving, Production and other departments as necessary. The role focuses on fostering collaboration, implementing process optimization strategies, and ensuring adherence to safety and quality standards. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in metal fabrication and leadership, with a commitment to continuous improvement and cross-departmental coordination.
- Operational Leadership:
- Develop and communicate a strategic vision for the plant, aligning day-to-day operations with long-term business objectives.
- Foster a culture of leadership and collaboration by actively supporting and mentoring departmental leaders, emphasizing continuous improvement and professional growth.
- Champion a strong safety culture by ensuring strict adherence to safety protocols, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Implement innovative approaches to enhance overall operational efficiency, identifying and resolving bottlenecks or challenges that may impede productivity.
- Operational Oversight:
- Utilize advanced analytics to monitor and evaluate departmental performance metrics, regularly reporting findings and implementing improvement initiatives.
- Lead initiatives for continuous improvement, employing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to optimize processes and eliminate waste.
- Rigorously enforce compliance with safety, quality, and production standards, initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Cross-Departmental Collaboration:
- Implement robust communication channels to facilitate collaboration among Quality and Engineering, Production, and Shipping and Receiving departments.
- Develop and implement streamlined processes to enhance information flow and coordination between departments, fostering a cohesive working environment.
- Process Optimization:
- Collaborate with department heads to identify and integrate cutting-edge technologies for process optimization and automation.
- Spearhead initiatives to reduce lead times, increase production output, and improve overall manufacturing agility.
- Foster innovation and collaboration to streamline manufacturing processes, with a specific focus on improving ease of production.
- Quality Assurance:
- Maintain a strong partnership with the Quality and Engineering department, ensuring compliance with ISO 9001 quality management standards.
- Oversee the implementation of corrective and preventive measures to address quality issues, actively participating in the evolution of the quality management system.
- Stay informed about industry trends and customer requirements, ensuring that products consistently meet or exceed these standards.
- Resource Management:
- Strategically coordinate the allocation of resources across departments to meet production schedules, optimizing workforce and equipment utilization.
- Identify opportunities for equipment or technology investments that will enhance overall efficiency, presenting comprehensive recommendations to senior management.
- Training and Development:
- Oversee and enhance training programs for operational staff, focusing on skill development and performance improvement.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous learning and professional development, encouraging employees to actively seek opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate closely with HR and hiring teams to develop and implement comprehensive hiring and training plans that align with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Customer Relationship Management:
- Proactively engage with key stakeholders at customer organizations, demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills in customer-facing meetings.
- Collaborate with the sales and business development teams to identify opportunities for business expansion and new customer acquisition.
- Represent the company professionally in customer interactions, showcasing a deep understanding of our capabilities and commitment to meeting customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in a senior operations role within the metal fabrication industry.
- Strong knowledge of metal fabrication techniques.
- Demonstrated success in implementing lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth understanding of quality control standards and safety regulations in metal fabrication.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex concepts.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically in fast-paced manufacturing environments.
- High attention to detail and commitment to maintaining accurate documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and contribute to a positive, supportive atmosphere.
(ADA) Minimum Qualifications or Standards Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Interpersonal Communication: Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information related to job duties.
- Language Ability: Requires speaking with and before others with poise, voice control, and confidence using correct English and a well-modulated voice.
- Intelligence: Requires the ability to learn and understand relatively complex principles and techniques related to administrative and clerical duties; to make independent judgments without supervision; to acquire knowledge of topics related to primary occupation.
- Verbal Aptitude: The ability to record and deliver information, explain procedures, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Numerical Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize mathematical formulas; add, subtract, multiply, and divide figures.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and to move intermittently through out the day.
- Physical Communication: Requires the ability to talk and/or hear: talking, expressing, or exchanging ideas through spoken words. (Hearing – perceiving nature of sounds by ear)