Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
The Purchasing Manager regulates inventory through the purchasing of goods and services at multiple company sites. This employee builds relationships with vendors and must use negotiation skills when evaluating pricing data.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Purchase goods and services including, but not limited to: raw materials, aluminum, steel, carbon, hardware, finished parts, welding supplies, general shop supplies, maintenance supplies, shipping supplies, office supplies, and outside services.
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels.
- Evaluates vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Works with vendors to negotiate volume and cash transaction discounts, and other available discounts.
- Create purchase orders in the system and ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education And/Or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field highly preferred.
- At least two years of purchasing experience required.
- Purchasing experience in the manufacturing industry highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine purchasing needs.
- May require travel.