Title: Quality Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
The Quality Manager will oversee the activity of the quality assurance department and staff, developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for the organization’s products and/or development processes.
- Assists with hiring QA staff and completes staff training.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Champions ISO and Quality management programs to support production.
- Must maintain ISO quality standards documents to keep the company compliant.
- Must take part in advance quality planning activities to ensure new product can meet customer expectations.
- Participates in product testing and ensures that PPAPs/FA inspections are performed on time and with accuracy.
- Further develops and maintains existing quality control database, detailing internal and external quality issues.
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for products.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Coordinates product testing processes, by understanding the customer need.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Reviews client, customer, and user feedback.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Implements methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or field related to the products being developed required.
- Three to five years of experience in related field required with supervisory experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.