Title: Quality Technician
Location: Prophetstown, IL
IMH Products has an opening for a full-time Quality Control Engineer for our busy Prophetstown, IL Facility. We are a metal manufacturing company with over 60 years of experience in the industry. Our commitment to innovation has helped us to continue to grow through these challenging times for businesses. As part of our production staff, you will contribute to the success of your team. We offer competitive pay, health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401k with matching.
- Interface with OEM’s / customer personnel and participate in the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of formal quality systems.
- Drive continuous improvement and best practice sharing of our quality systems and processes.
- Facilitate problem-solving of complex issues using advanced quality tools.
- Interface directly with internal teams regarding ongoing concerns with production parts.
- Leads group problem solving efforts as necessitated by customer concerns.
- Plan, support, and implement total quality management
- Confirm product quality through confirmation phase exit.
- Initiate control plans and training for inspection and gage instructions in accordance with customer specific requirements.
- Develop and control all documents through PPAP approval for new program launches.
- Execute PPAP submission and approval as required for customer-initiated product changes.
- Be assertive in interpretation and collecting of customer specific requirements.
- Prepares reports to customers detailing problem solving activities.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities such as planning, 6S, and scrap reduction.
- Generates and analyzes statistical data for continuous improvement for all departments.
- Tracks and reports key quality trends for the management team.
- Communicates with customers on a regular basis to resolve quality issues.
- Interfaces with suppliers regarding ongoing concerns with supplied components and communicates with suppliers on a regular basis to resolve quality issues.
- Tracks concerns and resolutions from both customers and suppliers.
Education / Experience Requirments
- Minimum of 2 year A.A.S. degree with 5 year QA experience. Prefer B.S. degree in Engineering or a related field with equivalent experience. Minimum 5 years Automotive / Quality experience. Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Familiar with a machine shop environment.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Applies advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations..
- Solid work history.
- Creates a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
IMH Fabrication offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Life insurance.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.