Title: Robot Welder
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
The Robot Welder is responsible for the set up and operation of computer-controlled robots to perform welds on steel products.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and protocols.
- Read, interpret and perform welding techniques to fabricate parts to be used in the manufacturing of product.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished work piece dimensions, and/or numerical control sequences.
- Load and unload material manually or with hoists or cranes, depending on weight and size.
- Measure dimensions of the finished product to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Clean machines, tooling, and parts, using solvents or solutions and rags.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and material on the machine, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
- Performs manual welding during robot weld cycle, if required.
- Set up future jobs while robot is operating.
Education and/or Expirence
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- High school diploma
- Welding certification
- At least 1 year of welding experience
Knolwedge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Possess basic mechanical knowledge and use of hand tools; following instructions, and welding products.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.