POSITION TITLE: Sales and Estimating Administrator
CREATED: May 2022
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: COO/President
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Location: Prophetstown, IL
To analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes: Review data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists. Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to create quotes.
- Create re-quotes for existing products when material cost or quantities have changed.
- Enter all supporting documentation into electronic quoting data base.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Issue RFQ’s
- Submit RFQ responses
- Process purchase orders and contracts
- Draft and issue authorizations to proceed
- Maintain and download customer specific requirements and specifications
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- High School Diploma
- 5 years supporting sales and / or estimating departments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilites
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Proficient at use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic internet proficiency
- Simple math proficiency
- Ability to effectively communicate with personnel in varying roles, in person, via telephone and email
- Comfortable enforcing procedures if other personnel request circumventing processes
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Majority of the time is spent sitting, some standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 25 lbs.