Title: Saw Operator
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
IMH is looking for a Saw Operator to join our manufacturing team. In this role, you will read blueprints or technical drawings and make the adjustments for each job. To be successful in this role, you should be able to read a tape measure and perform basic math to set stops and guides to the specified length of each job. Applicants for this position should have one to three years of previous experience, although we often have positions available that include on-the-job training for the right person. Since you may help pallet and transport finished pieces, having forklift experience is a plus.
- Set up the saw machine, making adjustments for each job
- Set stops or guides to specified lengths
- Operate the saw machine, keeping an eye out for any defects or issues
- Use measurement tools to ensure accuracy
- Help pack and transport finished pieces
- Accurately complete paperwork
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Experience operating a saw (1-3 years preferred) on metal
- Forklift experience a plus
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift up to 50-70 lbs.
- Attention to detail