Title: Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
IMH is looking for a skilled full-time Shipping and Receiving Clerk for our Indianapolis manufacturing facility. We offer competitive pay, PTO, Medical, dental, vision, 401K, and Life insurance.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers’ count and immediately reports discrepancies to supervisor and purchasing management per company policy.
- Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
- Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned, dunnage, and returnable pallets.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
- Transports materials on shipping dock with a hand truck or other vehicle as needed.
- Loads trucks using a forklift.
- Performs other clerical duties.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Basic understanding of railway, dock, and warehouse procedures.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory software to maintain records, input data,
- and create reports.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- State motor vehicle operator’s permit for operation of forklift highly preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures in the warehouse and on the loading dock.