Title: Welder and Fabricator
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
IMH is currently seeking welders to perform MIG, TIG and other types of welding based on project needs. Openings on 1st and 2nd shifts. Tank welding and fabrication experience preferred. We offer competitive pay, health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401k with matching.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Install welds, including light fixtures, vents, fans, metal sheeting and other parts.
- Read an interpret project plans, blueprints, and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand.
- Select proper fillers for jobs based on previous experience or project instructions.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
- Operate equipment following safety guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- High school diploma or GED Preferred.
Current and valid welding certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in warehouse environment in variable temperature conditions.