Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Manufacturing Production
A Welder is responsible for performing welds on steel products.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Install welds, including light fixtures, vents, fans, metal sheeting and other parts.
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints, and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand.
- Select proper fillers for jobs based on previous experience or project instructions.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
- Operate equipment following safety guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- High school diploma
- Welding certification
- Fabrication, TIG, and stainless steel MIG welding experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilites
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Possess basic mechanical knowledge and use of hand tools and welding products.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and read and interpret blueprints.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.