IMH is currently seeking welders to perform MIG, TIG and other types of welding based on project needs. Openings on 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Install welds, including light fixtures, vents, fans, metal sheeting, and other parts.
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints, and other written instructions and diagrams to perform the task at hand.
- Select proper fillers for jobs based on previous experience or project instructions.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
- Operate equipment following safety guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience. High school diploma or GED Preferred.
- Current and valid welding certification.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday. Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in warehouse environment in variable temperature conditions.